Med school mystery
I was at a med school somewhere. I think I may have been a student.
One student was getting more than desirable attentions from the school administration, because he wanted to become not just an intern, but an intern in plastics. For some reason, there was a sense that he was implying he could skip over stuff which all the others had to do. As such, he had to justify his position, else risk getting tossed out.
My dad got a hold of some man's chest X-ray. He then got out some oil paints and copied the X-ray to canvas, doing a pretty decent job of it in the process. Then he painted the chap's face at the top of the chest, as though his head weren't X-rayed. Then he pulled a bit of a Zaphod Beeblebrox, and painted his own face onto the subject's right shoulder.
The face of the man was smiling. One of his upper incisors had some sort of dark spot on it, suggesting the need for dental work to be done.
It was then that I realized these were all clues. Clues to what, I don't know. Why my dad was involved (dropping clues) was even more of a mystery. But it suggested that I (we?) needed to go look at this guy's medical records to find out when he had dental work done. In particular, if he had any work to fix up decay in an upper incisor, then we were onto something.
As part of whatever it was I was doing there, I was planning some long trip way up north somewhere. I felt I was reasonably dressed, warm coat, gloves, hat, boots, but then realized I was wearing dress socks. I decided I needed to swing by home and pick up some thick woolen socks to ensure that my feet end up nice and comfy on the trip.
One student was getting more than desirable attentions from the school administration, because he wanted to become not just an intern, but an intern in plastics. For some reason, there was a sense that he was implying he could skip over stuff which all the others had to do. As such, he had to justify his position, else risk getting tossed out.
My dad got a hold of some man's chest X-ray. He then got out some oil paints and copied the X-ray to canvas, doing a pretty decent job of it in the process. Then he painted the chap's face at the top of the chest, as though his head weren't X-rayed. Then he pulled a bit of a Zaphod Beeblebrox, and painted his own face onto the subject's right shoulder.
The face of the man was smiling. One of his upper incisors had some sort of dark spot on it, suggesting the need for dental work to be done.
It was then that I realized these were all clues. Clues to what, I don't know. Why my dad was involved (dropping clues) was even more of a mystery. But it suggested that I (we?) needed to go look at this guy's medical records to find out when he had dental work done. In particular, if he had any work to fix up decay in an upper incisor, then we were onto something.
As part of whatever it was I was doing there, I was planning some long trip way up north somewhere. I felt I was reasonably dressed, warm coat, gloves, hat, boots, but then realized I was wearing dress socks. I decided I needed to swing by home and pick up some thick woolen socks to ensure that my feet end up nice and comfy on the trip.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home