Hockey, new job, martial arts competition
Last night was merely a quick trip through a few different scenarios.
First I dreamt I was in Ottawa at a kids' hockey game, presumably there because my sister's eldest plays hockey. I ended up chatting some kid and telling him that my own kids had played hockey and therefore he will likely enjoy it. Thing is, my own kids have never played hockey, although I did take them skating a few times. I suddenly realize that this kid is 12 years old, and my next realization is that he's as old as my own son would be. (I haven't seen my son in years, but that's a drama which has nothing to do with the dream. I don't think.)
Next I dreamt I was working for a new employer (which is odd, because I'm quite happy with where I'm working now, and there are some great opportunities in the pipe). At one point my manager's team had a meeting, a weekly round-table of what each of us had on our plates. But in order to talk about your responsibilities, someone would give you a handout describing the current status. We would each talk about one point, then move on to the next person. Everyone got to speak more than once. Finally there was one last subject to discuss, and I was the one to give the report on it. My new manager turns to me and asks me for an update on something called "PAS". At first I don't know what PAS is, then a flickering recollection comes back to me, as though I'd read something about it earlier in the dream. It had something to do with the status of all things pertaining to health and safety, like fire extinguishers and first aid kits. But I didn't have a paper which detailed the status and had a moment of stress. The entire group, especially my new manager, was waiting for my update. Gradually I had a realization. "Oh.... Ohhh! Nothing new to report at this time." This seemed to satisfy everyone, especially my new manager. It was as if the answer was obvious, everyone knew what it was, and they were just waiting for me to "get it".
As part of this new job, I got my own office. It wasn't huge, but hey, my own office! One of the senior IT folks was personally helping me get set up with a new PC. Oddly, the monitor was mounted on the wall about 6-7 feet up with some sort of universal mount, allowing the monitor to be pivoted in any direction. He even had to do some customization of the drywall, but once he was done, the job was immaculate. He left, although the monitor wasn't pointing downwards to my work area. I figured that I'd have to adjust that at some point.
Finally I was at a martial arts competition. For some reason, it was being held at a high school, and for some reason, this school seemed familiar to me, even though it wasn't my own high school. My wife and her son were with me. I was wearing a yellow shirt with red Chinese characters and icons on it, and red cotton pants. I knew that I was wearing the outfit appropriate for doing a demo, such as a form, but not for sparring.
My wife and I split up, her son coming with me. We wandered around trying to find the appropriate place for us to be. One of the rooms, there was a representative from that group, preventing spectators from going beyond a certain point. I wanted to get a closer look and maybe ask him a question, but didn't have time to waste, so the two of us headed off.
I knew that I had to find the right washroom to get changed in, and I thought I had a sense for where that was, but I never did find it.
Looking at the time, I knew that I had to go and do my demo, but still didn't have my change of clothes for the sparring. I thought that perhaps they would allow me to just wear what I had on, or maybe someone would lend me their uniform. My wife was already there of course. I don't remember actually doing what I was meant to do.
Somewhere along the way of trying to find the right room, I saw an actor that I remember seeing in one episode of Kung Fu starring David Carradine as Kwai Chang Caine. In the episode, this other actor (whose details completely escape me) had made Caine's character a model of an ant, calling it "pismaya" or something like that. Long story short, he didn't know about Caine's moniker of "grasshopper", thinking that "pismaya" was the correct nickname. A fight ensued, this other guy won, so Caine had to accept the gift and the nickname. Years later in America, another fight occurs, Caine wins, so he declares that he is no longer "pismaya".
Anyway, I saw the actor in my dream, and he's sporting a healthy beard. He's something of a celebrity judge at the competition. I thought how cool it would be to go over and speak with him, but I didn't want to bother him at such an inappropriate time.
First I dreamt I was in Ottawa at a kids' hockey game, presumably there because my sister's eldest plays hockey. I ended up chatting some kid and telling him that my own kids had played hockey and therefore he will likely enjoy it. Thing is, my own kids have never played hockey, although I did take them skating a few times. I suddenly realize that this kid is 12 years old, and my next realization is that he's as old as my own son would be. (I haven't seen my son in years, but that's a drama which has nothing to do with the dream. I don't think.)
Next I dreamt I was working for a new employer (which is odd, because I'm quite happy with where I'm working now, and there are some great opportunities in the pipe). At one point my manager's team had a meeting, a weekly round-table of what each of us had on our plates. But in order to talk about your responsibilities, someone would give you a handout describing the current status. We would each talk about one point, then move on to the next person. Everyone got to speak more than once. Finally there was one last subject to discuss, and I was the one to give the report on it. My new manager turns to me and asks me for an update on something called "PAS". At first I don't know what PAS is, then a flickering recollection comes back to me, as though I'd read something about it earlier in the dream. It had something to do with the status of all things pertaining to health and safety, like fire extinguishers and first aid kits. But I didn't have a paper which detailed the status and had a moment of stress. The entire group, especially my new manager, was waiting for my update. Gradually I had a realization. "Oh.... Ohhh! Nothing new to report at this time." This seemed to satisfy everyone, especially my new manager. It was as if the answer was obvious, everyone knew what it was, and they were just waiting for me to "get it".
As part of this new job, I got my own office. It wasn't huge, but hey, my own office! One of the senior IT folks was personally helping me get set up with a new PC. Oddly, the monitor was mounted on the wall about 6-7 feet up with some sort of universal mount, allowing the monitor to be pivoted in any direction. He even had to do some customization of the drywall, but once he was done, the job was immaculate. He left, although the monitor wasn't pointing downwards to my work area. I figured that I'd have to adjust that at some point.
Finally I was at a martial arts competition. For some reason, it was being held at a high school, and for some reason, this school seemed familiar to me, even though it wasn't my own high school. My wife and her son were with me. I was wearing a yellow shirt with red Chinese characters and icons on it, and red cotton pants. I knew that I was wearing the outfit appropriate for doing a demo, such as a form, but not for sparring.
My wife and I split up, her son coming with me. We wandered around trying to find the appropriate place for us to be. One of the rooms, there was a representative from that group, preventing spectators from going beyond a certain point. I wanted to get a closer look and maybe ask him a question, but didn't have time to waste, so the two of us headed off.
I knew that I had to find the right washroom to get changed in, and I thought I had a sense for where that was, but I never did find it.
Looking at the time, I knew that I had to go and do my demo, but still didn't have my change of clothes for the sparring. I thought that perhaps they would allow me to just wear what I had on, or maybe someone would lend me their uniform. My wife was already there of course. I don't remember actually doing what I was meant to do.
Somewhere along the way of trying to find the right room, I saw an actor that I remember seeing in one episode of Kung Fu starring David Carradine as Kwai Chang Caine. In the episode, this other actor (whose details completely escape me) had made Caine's character a model of an ant, calling it "pismaya" or something like that. Long story short, he didn't know about Caine's moniker of "grasshopper", thinking that "pismaya" was the correct nickname. A fight ensued, this other guy won, so Caine had to accept the gift and the nickname. Years later in America, another fight occurs, Caine wins, so he declares that he is no longer "pismaya".
Anyway, I saw the actor in my dream, and he's sporting a healthy beard. He's something of a celebrity judge at the competition. I thought how cool it would be to go over and speak with him, but I didn't want to bother him at such an inappropriate time.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home