Monday, March 14, 2005

Man, I've been having strange and diverse dreams of late.

Last night I dreamt that I was in the unfinished basement of an unknown house. There was a wall with one of those ultra cheap doors that weigh about 5 lbs which partitioned the basement. My sifu and sigung (master and grandmaster in a kung fu context) were there, as well as a few other unknowns. Being that our style is Choy Lee Fut, we were practicing the circle-block/punch combo. Then while we students were focused on that, sifu and sigung slipped out of the room and closed and locked the (hopelessly weak) door. As they did so, they were chuckling to themselves, like they'd committed the best practical joke of all time. We didn't bother trying to break out of the room, as that would have been disrespectful. They opened the door after a few minutes, deciding that the joke was overdone.

Suddenly I was in a flying dream. I had to concentrate or I would lose altitude. Just me, no airplane or balloon or other assistance. I wasn't very high up, maybe 50-100 feet off the ground. I was approaching some large white house, with horizontal wooden slats which covered the sides. All white or off-white. A decent-sized property, with no other houses in the area. A couple of large trees, one in front, one in back. That's when I noticed a wolf under the one tree, and it noticed me. I don't know for certain that I was a bird of prey (hawk, eagle) but suddenly there seemed to be this feeling of a bond. I flew down attack style towards the wolf and it charged towards me. Even though we were being aggressive, we had no intent to actually strike one another. We zipped past each other uneventfully. But there was still a profound feeling of animal energy. Which is odd, as I don't ever recall dreaming of wolves before. Suddenly I was at some sort of country outpost or trading centre. There was a tall, slim woman there with short, bristling dark hair with a smattering of grey. I had the feeling that she was the eagle, not me. Someone else was nearby, who had been the wolf. And yet I was one of the three.

I'll try to write up the dreams I had last week, but I need to take care of a couple things first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home